Finlabs India

#FF11 Are you aware of the new rules on EPF Withdrawals?

What you need to know:
· EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) is your retirement savings account where you and your employer contribute.
· You can generally withdraw your EPF only after retirement.
· Partial withdrawals are allowed for specific reasons like medical bills or house purchase.

Complete withdrawal:
· You can withdraw all your EPF when you retire or are unemployed for over 2 months.

Partial withdrawal:
· You can take out some of your EPF for medical needs, education, house loan, etc.
· You can apply online for partial withdrawal.

New EPF withdrawal rules (2024):
· Retirement withdrawal: Still can’t withdraw until retirement.
· Partial withdrawal: Apply online for medical emergencies, education, house purchase, etc.
· Pre-retirement withdrawal: You can take 90% of your EPF 1 year before retirement (if you’re 54 or older).
·  Unemployment withdrawal: If you lose your job (due to retrenchment), you can withdraw 75% after 1 month. The remaining 25% goes to your new EPF account when you get a new job.

Tax on withdrawal:
· Generally tax-free if you contributed to EPF for 5 continuous years.
· Premature withdrawals might have TDS (tax deducted at source).
· No TDS if the entire amount is less than Rs.50,000.
· TDS rate: 10% with PAN, 30% + tax without PAN.

Checking your EPF online:
· Link your UAN (Universal Account Number) with Aadhaar for online access.
· Access your member passbook here:

Documents required for online PF withdrawal:
· Bank account details
· ID and address proof
· Cancelled cheque with IFSC code

How to withdraw PF online:
· Visit the UAN portal and log in securely using your UAN and password.
Here’s the link:
· Verify your KYC details (Aadhaar, PAN, bank info).
· Go to “Online Services” and select “Claim”.
· Check your details and confirm your bank account.
· Agree to the certificate of undertaking.
· Choose “Proceed for Online Claim”.
· Select the type of claim (full settlement, partial withdrawal, pension).
· Specify details like reason for withdrawal (for partial withdrawal).
· Submit your application and upload scanned documents (if needed).

Stay informed, Stay tuned! Every Friday hashtag#financialfridays11

To get regular updates from the finance industry, subscribe here !

Recent #FinancialFriday11

#FF11 Big News for Brokers: SEBI Considers Allowing Investments in Non-Securities Businesses hashtag

SEBI is exploring ways for stockbrokers to invest their surplus funds in businesses beyond securities and commodities. This could be a game-changer for the broking industry, opening doors to exciting new ventures in fintech, technology, and even real estate. Here’s the lowdown:— Current regulations: Existing rules prohibit brokers from engaging in non-core businesses.— SEBI’s proposal: Two options are being considered:— Investing through a separate holding company: This would create a clear separation between broking activities and other investments.— Paying dividends and using the proceeds: This approach would be simpler but

#FF11 Why Gold is Going Up and How You Can Invest in It

What you need to know:– Gold prices are on the rise in 2024, driven by factors like inflation, global uncertainties, and weakening US dollar.– Gold is a traditional hedge against inflation and a safe investment option during uncertain times.– There are several ways to invest in gold, including physical gold, Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs), Gold ETFs, and gold loans. What does it mean for you?– Gold can be a good addition to your investment portfolio, especially if you’re looking for a safe and stable option. It can help protect your wealth

#FF11 Behavioural finance explores how psychological influences and cognitive biases affect the financial behaviours of investors and markets.

It challenges the traditional assumption of rational decision-making in economics by examining why and how people make irrational financial choices. The Power of Loss Aversion-Did you know that people tend to fear losses more than they value gains?This is known as loss aversion, a key concept in behavioural finance. Let’s dive into the numbers! Studies show that losses are psychologically twice as powerful as gains.Fact: A study by Nobel Prize winners Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky found that the pain of losing $100 is roughly equivalent to the joy of

Scroll to Top